Please consider being a judge! We are looking for 8-10 music teachers to be judges. You will be paid 25,000 krw per hour of judging and provided food. Your duties include giving comments and a rating to each soloist/ensemble. You will not be assigned to judge your own students. This is a great experience to hear music from students at our own member schools! If you're available and interested in judging, please contact me,
KIMEA Solo & Ensemble Festival
Saturday, May 12, 2020
Asian Pacific International School
Registration will be announced in 2020.
Festival Contact: Samuel Tolley
1. Solo & Ensemble festival is for soloists or small ensembles (no more than 10) who perform a musical selection for a judge and receive a rating: Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Merit. Repertoire should be Classical, Jazz, or other Art music, but not Pop or Rock.
2. The registration fee is 10,000 krw per student per ensemble and 15,000 for solos. Accompanists do not need to pay. Accompanists will not be judged nor receive medals. All students will receive a participation certificate. Those students who earn Platinum or Gold will be given a medal.
3. Due to the limited space of registrants, only vocal, string, woodwind, brass, and select percussion students in grades 6-12 may participate (as well, only students who are currently enrolled in your school music program may participate). No solo piano works are allowed.
4. Students must bring one copy of music with measures marked for the judge. A copy machine will not be available on site.
5. Soloists should perform with a piano accompanist, unless the music is specifically unaccompanied.
6. Students will be given 10-minute time slots. To keep everything on time, musical selections should not exceed 7 minutes total of performance.